A quick month-by-month snapshot for planning your wedding in a year!
- Dream up your dream wedding!
- Set an overall budget and then break it down
- Set a date
- Assemble your planning team, consider hiring a planning consultant.
- Make a rough draft of the guest list
- Pop the question to your gals + guys to be in your wedding party
- Research and tour ceremony + reception venues
- Book ceremony + reception venues
- Research and start booking wedding vendors (officiant, photographer, videographer, florist, DJ, caterer, baker, transportation, hair + makeup)
- Shop for and order your wedding gown!
- Hotel block for destination weddings or out of town guests
- Start your wedding registry!
- Shop for and order bridesmaid dresses
- Plan your honeymoon
- Finish booking wedding vendors
- Mail Save-the-Dates
- Attend premarital counseling
- Order invitations
- Purchase wedding rings
- Order wedding attire for the groom + groomsmen
- Ensure your passport is up to date
- Enjoy your wedding shower!
- Schedule a hair + makeup test run with your stylist
- Mail your invitations
- Write your vows
- Purchase gifts for each other, parents, wedding party
- Purchase wedding favors for guests
- Purchase exit sparklers, bubbles, confetti
- Apply for a marriage license
- Attend a final dress fitting with your MOH and teach her how to bustle your gown. Make sure the dress is pressed once more before bringing it home.
- Review final RSVP list and call guests who have not responded
- Order wedding ceremony programs, reception place and table cards
- Finalize arrangements with vendors (must-have shot lists to photographer + videographer, finalized song list to DJ, final headcount to venue/caterer)
- Create reception seating chart
- Enjoy your bachelor/ette parties!
- Beauty touch ups (hair color, hair cuts, etc.)
- Communicate and finalize all details with your vendors
- Provide wedding vendors with a point of contact for your wedding day
- Make sure all final balances are paid or plans are in place with a point of contact to pay/tip vendors on your wedding day
- Make sure the wedding party formal wear is picked up and ready to go (clean + pressed)
- Arrange for after wedding point of contacts (rental returns, collection of ceremony/reception accesories, collection of cards + gifts, clean up if necessary)
- Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Bring all ceremony/reception accessories to your point person at each venue site
- Give your marriage license to your officiant
- Enjoy your wedding day with your plan + point people in place!
- Enjoy your awesome honeymoon and first days as Mr. + Mrs.!
- Write thank you cards for wedding gifts
- Write reviews and thank you’s for your vendors you loved!